Jan 18, 2016

Let’s face facts...

I’m old and I’m fat and I really am not what I would consider all that appealing to the opposite sex and I have the most incredible crush on Kim Deal.

She has the voice of an angel.

I could listen to her sing for a very, very long time and be quite happy.

There are times when I listen to the music she composes and I find myself just dumbfounded. I am either close to weeping, or banging away at any surface nearby.

She lives in Ohio and there are times I think to myself it would almost be worth it to take a trip but I get the sense she is not the most patient of people but that makes my heart swell for her all the more.

Fuck Charlie! Do you know I went to a Pixies concert recently (sometime within the last two years) and there was no Kim Deal! That’s like seeing the Stones without Mick Jagger, seeing Aerosmith without Steven Tyler or seeing Nirvana without Kurt Cobain. Frank Black may not think it but, that’s where it is.

I was crushed (and I had to sit through a concert where I was worried about the contact high and how it might affect any drug test I would be taking for employment in the future).

Yeah... It’s Kim Deal for me.

It sounds so damn ridiculous but what I wouldn’t give to meet her.

I need more of that in my life.

No comments: